Treating Customers Fairly
We are committed to supporting the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) Treating Customers Fairly initiative. Our philosophy is always to put customers first and improve our processes wherever possible to satisfy customer needs. We consider our customers to be beyond the initially proposed retail consumers and to encompass all those we work with from insurers to intermediaries and all others in our distribution chain.
The TCF initiative is intended to result in the highest standards of business being applied to achieve six key outcomes for customers as follows:
- Customers will deal with firms where their fair treatment is a key part of the corporate culture.
- Products are marketed, targeted and sold that have been designed to meet customer needs.
- Customers receive clear information and are kept suitably informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Customers receive suitable advice that takes into account their personal circumstances. While RAM is not authorised to give advice directly, we endeavour to ensure that our introducers have met this FCA requirement in dealing with clients.
- Customers receive the product performance they have been led to expect and the service is of an acceptable standard.
- Customers should not face unreasonable post-sale barriers if they want to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
We aim to go beyond these "acceptable" standards and provide our customers with the highest standards of efficiency available. Our senior management team is challenged to maintain our service standards through a tightly structured organisation aimed at ensuring that all scheme administrators are fully trained to the highest technical standards and are fully committed to the TCF challenges.